Monday, August 23, 2010

Quebec championships



This weekend I raced at Mont Sainte Anne which is 3 hours north of Bromont. We drove up on thursday and rode a few laps of the track that evening.


This race was the Quebec Championships (regionals) and includes the majority of the world champs track, there were a few differances like the worlds track climbs a bit longer half way through the lap and there are extra technical sections of single track that will in the worlds track. The track is super fun, with technical sections to keep us on our toes and some nice step climbs along with a few rolling bridges to keep the crowd interested.

My race was just like the rest of my races in Canada, we started at the back and had to make our wy through the feild which is good pratice for the world cup this coming weekend. I am also laking race form, I just kept picking off riders until about the 4 lap and then the riders started being a bit more competitive with me like racing for the single track and battling it out on the climbs. I felt strong in my last lap. I finished 13th and about 9 minutes down.

No comments: