Saturday, January 8, 2011

N-duro Summer Series Race One

The first mountain bike race for the season and it felt great to finish this race in one piece.

Todays race was a 45km one loop course spreading over some of the best trails that Rotorua has to offer, the pace was hot from the gun with Dirk Peters leading the field, I was sitting in 3rd right behind Carl Jones and 10m off Dirk. We caught Dirk at the base of the first hill and the KOM (King of the Mountain) of the race, I was third over the hill slightly behind Carl and Dirk took it out.

(KOM is a new thing to hit the N-duro series and mountain biking on a whole it mixes the event up and gives some people that can't race for as long but still have a chance up a short hill to get some sort of result)

Shortly after the KOM I took a slight detour losing 10 or so places that I was trying to make back up over the rest of the course only making it to 8th. I do have to admit I wasn't feeling the best at all today and put it down to my first mountain bike race since the Huka in November, lets hope next weekends NZ cup in Napier is a different story.

Today I was using Berry Blast Peak Fuel gel and hydration mix thanks to AvantiPlus.

Nice work to Marcus and the N-Duro team another great event.

No comments: