Sunday, October 24, 2010

Single Speed Worlds Rotorua


Single Speed Worlds will be an event to remember with many twists making things a lot different to our normal cross country race. Most definitely a good thing, mixing things up like the single speed society keeps all of us on our toes.

Like the start for instance, we had a mass of riders trying to ride around in a massive circle until the time was up and we were all aloud to migrate into the forest around 1000 other riders trying to do the same thing.

I had a pretty good start, I would have been in the top 200 going up the first climb and felt good. unfortunately a lack of preparation on my behalf I had a loose chain and it kept on jumping off on every downhill. So that was my serious part oft he race over and I started to just enjoy the atmosphere that the Single Speeders create.

This was my first race on a 29er thanks to Oliver Whalley and Ventana, it was amazing I now know what everyone is talking about when they say 29ers are something different, although I am not sure how they would go in a short circuit race. I highly recommend trying Ventana, It is only a small brand in NZ with massive potential. Check out the international website. http://www.ventanausa.com/ and Ollies blog mountainpedalernz.blogspot.com for some good reading!

One more thing, a nice effort by Marcus, Dean and their crew another event ran smoothly.

No comments: