Saturday, February 5, 2011

N-Duro Summer Series Race Two


Todays race was great, I really enjoyed the whole race from the start to the end. Marcus plus team had planned a killer course that featured all aspects of a good mountain bike course with sufficient climbing and majority single track, this was my kinda race track.

There was a bit of congestion at the start that I managed to keep clear of and found myself in a good position to start with and had the form to keep up in the top five most of the race.

I was being kept very honest by John Grey and Des Curry that were just behind me when I was sitting in fifth place going up a main climb, I managed to shake these guys off as soon as I hit the flatter single tracks, where I was leaving nothing out on the track and keep the pace on hoping to catch a few others in front.

Over all another great event ran buy the N-Duro crew. I finished 4th place behind, Dirk Peters, Carl Jones and Sam Shaw.

Training is starting to pay off and things are settling in just nicely with 20 days until Nationals.

Today I was out riding my Scott Spark 20 loving the down and flatter tracks, keeping things rolling very smooth. These dry conditions were perfect for my Kenda small block eights that I was running tubeless. Peak fuel Gels kept me alert and on the rivet nearing the end of the race.

No comments: