Sunday, May 15, 2011

Moonride

The Moonride is done and dusted once again. This year I rode for Team AvantiPlus MTB. We finished second in Open.

This year was most likely the wettest 12 hour event I have ever done. It was mud galore but fun.
Hiskey done the first few laps setting us up for a nice 12 hours of racing in 3rd place but as the event went on and at times the rain came down we caught and passed a Palmerston North team and stayed there for the rest of the race. I went out and done my fastest lap soon after I finished a tube of peak fuel soon after half way.

I was riding my Scott Spark 20 which was great for the flat track we were on and I had a Kenda Slant Six up front which did prove interesting at times but cleared without any trouble and I had a Kenda Karma on the rear for great traction in the mud.

No comments: