Sunday, June 12, 2011

Update and Galaxy Travel N-Duro one


Well over the last six months I have been trying to work out and problem with my left leg. My problem is: I have been experiencing a sore left leg under high intensity so in a race situation. I have had no trouble just out riding it was only when I hit the top 15% of my max.

After seeing many doctors and scans, ultra sounds and discussion with the Waiariki Academy of sport staff. I decided to try a muscle relaxant pill, (a drug) after a session with Chris Milne in Hamilton, its called amitriptyline in conjunction with deep tissue massage from Ant at the Physiotherapy Clinic here in Rotorua. Huge thanks for the support over the last 6 months!

I have been doing a lot of running to keep fit instead as I have been getting frustrated with the riding.

So after being on Amitriptyline for two weeks I raced the N-duro as a test to find out if it was working. I was stoked to find out that both my legs felt the same, lack of training on the mountain bike was defiantly visible as I lasted about 40 mins until the body said, thats enough and shut down, making it a very long ride from there on in and sucking every little last bit from my Peak Fuel tube.

So thats the short version of what has been happening, I am planning on doing some kayaking and will enter Montys Multisport event over in Whakatane as my next event in two weeks.

Time to hit the bike again this week to kick start training in the NZ winter again.

Will let you know how Montys goes.

No comments: